12/17/08

Snowing in Sin City

its snowing in Vegas, my new home. we walked around the neighborhood for a little while, my room mate and i. Even made a snow man one about 5 feet tall. threw snowballs around and chatted with the neighbors about how weird it was. It seems this year broke the record for snow fall set in 1976. i couldn't help but thinking while walking around in the surreal Vegas winter wonderland how strange this whole year has been for me, it seems the weather sympathizes with me. ten days from now i will have been away from home for a whole year. its funny how it feels so much more like home now than it ever had before. I wonder how long it will take for those sentimental ties that bind me back to that city wear away, how long does it take for a new place to become home, or i wonder if this city will ever feel like home.

1 comment:

  1. Houston will always be your home. It's your origin story, but life moves on. You can't stop it. It's funny how when we live in the past, we can never let go and really move forward, but if we live in the future, all we get is stress and worry. I guess the answer is living in the now, but that seems immature for some reason.

    BTW: your snowman '08 has nothing on our snowman '07. I miss you. Seriously. I really miss you. Find a way to transfer to Cali and I'll come with you. I have friends and family in Frisco. Please?

    ReplyDelete